Tuesday, September 6

day #172 only 193 to go...

source
I have less than 200 days to go.

I fit into a pair of pants that were too tight (those pesky jeans are next).

I have an appointment to color my gray.

I am testing anti-aging cremes.

Another year of my life has started and as much as I want to know the future, I am committed to this project. Someone told me that life would be boring if I knew everything. True, so true.

I wish I could say I'm cured but I'm not. If for some reason what the psychic said comes true and my beloved shows up before day 365 I might have to abandon this project. Just kidding. Or am I?
source

A customer asked me to read her palm to which I laughed explaining that I have zero skill. If I ever do have a 'message' for someone it's spontaneous and certainly not about the future. She left slightly disappointed then an owner of a crystal/reading/woo woo shop said that she can work via the internet so can travel most anywhere in the world. It made me think of the many people purchasing internet readings be it astrological charts, angel readings, tarot readings or whatever else this young woman offers. It is a profitable business.

I think of how much time, money, effort I've spent looking for answers, a peek into the future and know there are millions of people out there searching for the same. Whether it's putting money into the hands of their priest or paypal for an astrological reading searching for faith is a financial endeavor.

Why are so many of us searching for answers to the unknown?

source
I don't know why but just like chocolate croissants, I've cut back in hopes of becoming healthier, thinner and happier. I don't know if freeing myself of predictions and pastries will make me happier in the end but it's certainly worth a try...

Thank you for listening to my addiction as it speaks to you. Thank you for laughing with me and not at me.

I'll be sure to tell you when I can get into those too tight jeans.




No comments:

Post a Comment